[bksvol-discuss] Re: mystery dash

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:30:01 -0400

Do you have a desktop computer?

At 05:13 PM 8/23/2005, you wrote:

I'm hoping for some help here, as I would love to proofread Braille text for Bookshare. I'm having trouble downloading a book. I am running 6.11 on a BrailleNote. The following is a message Peter sent me, and I'm hoping one of you can help. When I get to the bottom of the page where it says "download", I enter. I just get beeps. It doesn't download anything, nor does it ask me where I want to save the book. Here is his message.

You probably already know that you must have at least version 6 of the Braille Note firmware. I believe the current version is 6.2. You must also be sure to install the Key Web utility as specified in Appendix 4 of the Braille Note manual. Key Web does not come automatically configured on the Braille Note. Finally, when downloading and attempting to access a Bookshare file be certain you have downloaded the BRF (Grade 2 BR-AILLE) version of the book. The BN will not be able to decrypt the DAISY format books.