[bksvol-discuss] Re: like history?

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:54:51 -0400

Sounds very interesting to me.  I'd be willing to validate it, if you don't
feel like it.
Tracy

At 08:40 PM 8/19/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I'm starting to scan a book called Dreadnought: Britain, Germany, and the
coming of the Great War. The book is by Robert K. Massie, and it's over 800
pages not counting the bibliography. We have two other books by this author
now, and I bought this one to scan because I liked the biography of Peter
the Great so much. This is very lively accessible writing, with a lot of
emphasis on what motivated people--why they behaved as they did.

>I'm going to try to read and edit this book, but it may challenge my
attention span so if anyone is particularly interested in validating it let
me know. I just hope *someone* will want to read this when I'm done with it.
<grin>