[bksvol-discuss] eliminating hyphens

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:36:45 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Bud, end-of-the lines hyphens should be
eliminated, too. I think, as Jill says, perhaps most
of the time submitters do eliminated them, because I
don't think I've found too many when I validate, but I
don't remember, to tell the truth. When I validate I
usually--only two exceptions in all the time I've been
doing it--read the books and eliminated hyphens as I
go along. Sometimes I simply do a find a replace with
nothing. The problem with that is that, if people
haven't used the em dash or double dashes where they
belong and have used hyphens instead, it eliminates
those too.

Cindy