[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:29:32 -0600

Yes,  that is what the header stripper tries to do.
In all fairness,  there are some standards that those headers must meet in
order for the tool to work.  Marissa can likely provide the algorythm in
detail,  but approximately,  the header must be the first non blank line
on the page, and must be immediately followed by a completely blank line.
Failing that the tool gets confused.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
12/15/2004 01:02 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

Ok, this is probably a really stupif question, and one that I think I know
the answer to, but I want to clarify.  When the stripper strips the page
headers, is it trying to get rid of the title and author names that are
found on the top of each page?  I ask this because, if that is the case, I
don't think it always does what it is meant to.  I have downloaded
countless books that still contain the title and author at the start of
each page.

Lisa