[bksvol-discuss] Re: books on famous speechs

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:26:21 -0800 (PST)

The tricky thing about Maithe's assignment is that she
has to write about the effect a speech had on society,
if I understand correctly. I did some research and
found some wonderful important speeches, but, as I
read further, they didn't have an immediate effect on
society; other events and time caused the abolition of
the slave trade in Great Britain and the U.S., and it
took years to effect women's suffrage in both England
and the U.S.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/