[bksvol-discuss] Re: a few questions

  • From: "tom hawkins" <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:56:55 -0800

Hi Amber What scanner are you using?  Flatbed or something like mine which is a
canon and requires that the book be separated, that is the spine removed.  I
load about 50 pages at a time and use Canon's  software for the actual
scanning.  And as to the extra section breaks, not that I know of, I've have
been after them to fix it or give me a work around, to no avail.  Part of the
problem is that Word recognizes the different section breaks, but will "Find
and Replace" them as a whole class, and if you do that you lose your
page-breaks also.   Haven't had this problem with version 7.  Tom