[bksvol-discuss] Who has Mama Lola?

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:41:56 -0700

Hi list,

I'm writing to see who downloaded the book, Mama Lola, from the step 1 page.
I submitted it this morning as an MSU book and meant to download and
re-upload this afternoon, but didn't get to it until tonight.  During that
short time, someone downloaded it for validation.  That's okay, but it
really doesn't need validating because it is an excellent scan submitted by
Michigan State University.  Scanned by them, and submitted by me for them.
I've been trying to submit these directly to the admin approval page, but
some of them were giving me error messages when I did that, so I had to
submit them through the standard process.   Normally I could leave them on
step one until I got to them since they are textbooks and no one is
interested in them, but this one someone wanted, which is good, but I wanted
to let that person know that they really don't need to take the time to
validate that book.  I'd hate for him/her to put a lot of time and effort
into a book I already checked and know is an excellent scan.  I'd prefer the
person to release the book for me to download so I can upload the original
copy that I have here.  But if you really can't then at least upload it.
Just know that the book doesn't need a lot of time spent on validation.

Sorry all if I'm causing complications for anyone.  This is just one of
those things that happen sometimes.

Thanks for your patients,

Allison Hilliker:
Intern, Benetech (Bookshare.org).