[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Hornet's Nest

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:58:54 -0700 (PDT)

I'm glad you posted this, Jill. I was surprised to
learn that Carter had written so many books.

This is his first fiction, though. After reading the
two reviews posted on my  library's online catalog, I
see why Shelley hd trouble "gettng into it."  It
sounds like the same problem I had when I started
Caleb Carr's Devil Soldier. Having totally enjoyed
Carr's two historically set mysteries, I thought,
having read the cover flaps, that this biography would
be fascinating, but it was too bogged down with
footnotes and was too dry.

I was interested that the Library Journal's comment
about The Hornet's Nest was, "Order on demand."

Enjoy. If you do have any problems, let me know and
I'll get the book too and help you out.

Cindy

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs