[bksvol-discuss] Page numbers: the experiment

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:16:33 -0500 (EST)

I took a book I recently validated, The Inimitable Jeeves.  I unpacked the
brf, and chose a couple page numbers at random to compare to the RTF
version, which I still have.  They matched up exactly.  Page 16 matched
with page 16 in both files, as did the others I chose.
I then unpacked the html of the same book, and did the same compare, with
the same results.  That's using Internet Explorer to read the html.

Based on my experiment, I feel reasonably confident that my method works
well--if the page number is at the top, put it at the very top, with a
blank line after it.

If others would do similar experiments with, say, Daisy reader or K1000,
we could perhaps get to the truth of what's working and what's not.
Tracy