[bksvol-discuss] Re: PDF Files

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:48:20 -0400

Cindy, I think your friend misunderstood part of the article.
Bookshare is encouraging us to focus our submissions on smaller
publishers or publishers with whom Bookshare doesn't have an agreement
to donate books. Most Christian publishers fall into this group as do
many of the fantasy, science fiction, nutrition, and self-help
publishers. Many cookbooks fall into this category too.

In addition, we can scan books that are older, like ones from the 50s
through the 80s since they're unlikely to be added soon, even by the
big publishers, because they aren't currently digitized.

Hope this helps.

--
Monica Willyard
Visit my GoodReads book shelf at http://www.goodreads.com/plumlipstick