[bksvol-discuss] Old books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

Shelley,

Did you get Beowulf from the library or from a
used-book store? I downloaded Astra, by Grace
Livingston Hill, to validate, thinking I could get it
from my library, but it seems to be lost, and my other
two library systems don't have it.

A lot of her books are being republished, but that one
apparently hasn't been yet. The copyright date is
1941. I'm going to work on it as much as I can, while
I'm doing other books, too, in the hopes that it will
turn up--or be republished and the library will get a
new copy.  There are parts that I just can't figure
out what's mssing, though. If I don't have a copy to
compare by the time I finish, I'll keep mine for some
future date and reject rather than keep renewing.

I was wondering, though, if you or someone could get a
copy  so I could ask about things if I can't figure
them out. I'm asterisking the problems words and
spaces for the time being, hoping my library's copy
will turn up.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs