[bksvol-discuss] Re: Martha Years Attention Lissi

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:58:42 -0400

Dear Kari, and Booksharian Friends,

Kari, thank you for being considerate of my preplanning and taking the trouble
to communicate with me. In the case of The Martha Books, You'll be doing me a
favor by completing your scan of "The Other Side of the Loch," since I hadn't
ordered it yet. For the next week I'll be in Cincinnati and didn't want books
piling up in my mail box. For the sake of the people waiting to read this book,
It's a good thing more than one of us is interested in preparing them.

It's Down by the Bonny Glen my heart is most set on adding to the Martha set
because it has been in the Scottish category of my book collection for several
years. It was waiting its turn and because there's an interest in it, it's
become a top priority.

On the subject of The Emerald Ballad series, I bought all five of those books
and Evan has scanned them, and I'm in the process of proofing #3. I would
appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me to finish this series. I
appreciate the understanding of volunteers who allow some of us who have
invested time and money to get, scan and proof specific books as long as we
don't dally and keep eager readers waiting.

Sometimes we overlap our efforts because we haven't kept up with the list and
missed posts telling us who is scanning or proofing what. That's happened to me
because I don't check this list every day. Overlapping is bound to occur, but
it's nice that we take each other's projects into account when we decide what
book to work on next.

I know publishers are donating a larger share of books volunteers used to
supply, but, still, our work is the icing on the cake, because we're still
filling in books not donated by publishers, and more rare, special interest and
small niche books. As long as we can still contribute, I feel honored to work
with such a motivated, harmonious group.

Always with love,

Lissi