[bksvol-discuss] Hooked On Books Meeting Tuesday, January 15, 2008

  • From: "Pat Price" <patlprice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Volunteer list " <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:45:14 -0500

Hello everyone,
Yes, Lena and Shelly are still on the run. Back in the world they left,
their mothers are coming to terms with the fact that they are gone. What
will happen next? How will they all react to each other when they are back
together again? How does Shelly feel about what happened to Bob?  These and
other questions are still to be explored, and in just two more sessions of
reading, Karen E. Bender, author of Like Normal People will supply them all.
Will this turn out to be a book with more questions than answers? I don't
know. I do know that this novel will make us think about the definition of
disability and what "normal" really means?

If you like a novel that makes you think, examine your existing beliefs and
that might change your mind, join us as we continue reading Like Normal
People.

We can be found in the Friends of Bookshare  Between The Bookends room
Tuesday at 11 A.M. pacific, noon mountain, 1 P.M. Central and 2 P.M. eastern
time at the link below.

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs83ce590a4853

If you cannot join us, the NLS Br number for this book is 13060.

If you have questions, please contact me, Bonnie Blose at the following
email address.

bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bring something warm to drink, put your feet up, and be prepared for an
enjoyable afternoon as more of the story is told. Hope to see you there.