[bksvol-discuss] Re: Getting organizational materials for bookshare

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:33:15 -0600

The address to give publishers interested in submitting their books is
http://www.bookshare.org/web/SupportAuthorsPublishers.html#main_content

Other than directing them to look at the site I would suggest explaining in
a mildly flattering way, why you would think it would be great to have their
books included in the bookshare collection.  Explain how they can submit
perfect copies of their books, whereas scanning involves time and effort,
but doesn't necessarily result in perfect books.  Publishers who contribute
their books also get some notice on the site for their contributions.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/