[bksvol-discuss] Fw: RE: list of publisher donors from Scott Raines with reminder

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Thu, 7/29/10, Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: list of publisher donors
To: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>, "Robin Seaman" <robins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Carrie Karnos" <CarrieK@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 7:49 PM

Hi Cindy,

Here's the list Robin is talking about. I have not had time to it check against
the one we have up on the Bookshare Volunteers wiki space but there have  been
so many additions this month that I am that one needs an update.

Here's the one on the wiki with imprints included. As promised I'll have the
spreadsheet and downloadable versions back up there by EoD tomorrow with any
additions included:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Publisher+Partners

Feel free to share Robin's update on the list tonight. If you do, nudge people
to continue to send me their favorite publishers who are not on this  list for
the "safer" list that Jamie and Roger are compiling to post there also.

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow, Bookshare Volunteer Department
MASTER LIST OF ALL PUBLISHERS TO DATE:

62 – TRADE AND ACADEMIC PUBLISHERS SIGNED
ABC-CLIO
AMACOM Books
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
Aurorean
Baen Books
Berrett-Koehler
Brookings Institution Press
CABI
Cambridge University Press
Charlesbridge Publishing
Cavenkerry
Columbia University Press
Cypress Creek
Encyclopedia Britannica
Evan-Moor
F+W Media, Inc.
Filipacci Publishing
Flat World Knowledge
Galaxy Press
Gallaudet University Press
Hachette Book Group
HarperCollins
Human Rights Watch
Infinite Ideas Ltd.
International Society for Technology in Education
Library of America
Lockman Foundation
Loyola Press
Mason Crest Publishers
Medusa's Muse
Merriam-Webster
MIT Press
Modern Language Association
New World Library
New York University Press
Nokia
North Atlantic Books/Frog, Ltd.
O'Reilly
Perseus Books Group
PediNatural
PhilosophersNotes
National Science Teachers Association
Pragmatic Programmers
PREL
Princeton University Press
Random House
Scholastic
School of Life Foundation
Princeton Architectural Press
Science Companion
Shared Books Ltd.
Sigel Press
Simon and Schuster
Sourcebooks
Stanford University Press
Swimming Kangaroo Books
Townsend Press
Trends Journal
University of British Columbia Press
University of California Press
University of Chicago Press
Wildflowers Press

11 RELIGIOUS PUBLISHERS
Ambassador International
Chalice Press
Galaxy Press
Guideposts
Lockman Foundation
Loyola Press
Moody Publishers
Multnomah Publishers, Inc.
Presbyterian Publishing Corporation
United Methodist Publishing House
Wesleyan Publishing House

From: Robin Seaman <robins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Cindy'" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Scott Rains" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carrie Karnos" <CarrieK@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 6:23 PM

Hi Cindy –

Great to hear from you!  I just sent Scott Rains a list of publishers today as
he wanted to publicize this to the volunteers – so I’m copying him to make sure
we don’t trip over each other!

Publishers are giving us EVERYTHING – frontlist (new titles) and backlist
(older titles) – so we have a wonderful bunch of books coming in.

Scott – Do you want to forward the list I sent you today to Cindy.

Also, we need to update the imprints from certain publishers.  Let’s talk with
Carrie about how we could update the page with the imprints!

Best,

Robin