[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Braillebug Reading Club

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:48:59 -0500

here is a post from Jim F. about AFB and Bookshare.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

- Helen Keller

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm excited about our growing partnership with the American Foundation for
the Blind, the leading foundation focused on blindness issues. One thing we
just did was to fill in the last few missing titles on AFB's Braillebug
Reading Club. The Braillebug web site is dedicated to promoting Braille to
students who could benefit from learning Braille.

LINK:
http://www.afb.org/braillebug/readingclub.asp

Now, we have all of these recommended children's books for Braille readers
on Bookshare.org in excellent quality. Because all blind students in the
U.S. now qualify for Bookshare.org, this means that these books can be
quickly downloaded into Braille displays or printed out with Braille
embossers. We look forward to adding future books to Bookshare.org as new
titles are chosen for the Braillebug reading club.

Posted by Jim Fruchterman at 4:41 PM

http://benetech.blogspot.com/2007/12/braillebug-reading-club.html
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.