[bksvol-discuss] Dog Body, Dog Mind

  • From: gail johnson <mama-gail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:54:01 -0500

This is an interesting book but I have some questions.

First every other page the page number is given like this:

12  Dog Body, Dog Mind

13  name of chapter

My understanding is I can take out the words after the page number correct.

next: I think this might be a picture but not sureincludes description.

Play-soliciting Arousal         Aggression \
C       I
       lc(, <  l       / ,     ,
       (
EXPRESSIVE SOCIAL RESPONSES IN THE DOG
Fear
Submission
From an alert posture (A), a dog becomes aroused (B) with tail up, ears
erect-a display of confidence. In F, a display of dominance-aggression with hackles raised and a snarl turns into defensive aggression (G-H) as tail and ears are lowered and weight shifts backward. Passive submissive displays include crouching and avoiding eye contact (I) and rolling over (J). The dog may go from aroused posture (B) into play-bow (C) to solicit play, or to display a submissive, friendly greeting (D-E).
Illustration: Foxfiles

into
Animal Awareness and Communication      21
curio

Any help would be appreciated. I hope I can extend validating this book. I am truly enjoying it.

Gail Johnson