[bksvol-discuss] Cass Timberlane

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:11:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Susan

While waiting for some books to arrive that I'm
planning to validate, I looked on the download list to
see if there's anything I might start in the meantime,
and I saw your submission of Cass Timberlane. I happen
to have the same 1945 edition on my shelf, that I
haven't gotten around to reading yet (thought a few
months ago I did read Arrowsmith, which once I got
into I enjoyed), so I downloaded it. Everything seems
to be the same, except that my edition doesn't have
the "printed and bound by."  My edition does have, and
I find it interesting but I won't put it in if it
isn't in yours (I haven't looked at yours too
carefully yet) --"This is a wartime book. The text is
complete and unabridged but every effort had been made
to comply with the Government's request to conserve
essential materials."  Maybe I'll put it in  brackets,
or in the long synopsis, to give young readers  a
little feeling of what things were like in this
country during wartime.

I'm writing this because it might take me a while to
do the book just because I'll start it but then
probably will interrupt to do other things. Do you
need it done quickly? Or does anyone on this list? If
so, I can do it before other things.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs