[bksvol-discuss] Re: Baynard Kendrick (was: Blind Man's Bluff by Baynard Kendrick)

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:14:50 -0700 (PDT)

And I'm looking forward to it. I love to read good
mysteries as well as romances--and I especially enjoy
readig the older books. The Agatha Christie I did was
fun not just for the story but for the old-fashioned
Englis words and spellings. --Same with CLoudy Jewel.

BTW, I don't know if anyone's scanning the Henning
Mankell series of mysteries. He's a Swedish writer
whose works have recently been translated into
English. I've read 3 of them now, and they're fun.
Kurt Wallender is the detective --very human. And one
learns a little about Sweden and, in the case of The
Dogs of Riga, about Latvia and the politics when the
Soviet soliders pulled out and Lativa regained its
independence.

Cindy

-- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com