[bksvol-discuss] Another submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:38:14 -0600

Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum has been submitted in .rtf format. Here is
the synopsis.

FOR FIFTY YEARS, Anna Schlemmer has refused to talk about her life in
Germany during World War II. Her daughter, Trudy, was only three when she
and her mother were liberated by an American soldier and went to live with
him in Minnesota. Trudy's sole evidence of the past is an old photograph: a
family portrait showing Anna, Trudy, and a Nazi officer. Trudy, now a
professor of German history, begins investigating the past and finally
unearths the heartbreaking truth of her mother's life. Those Who Save Us is
a profound exploration of what we endure to survive and the legacy of shame.

Shannon

We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.