[bksvol-discuss] Re: About Kurzweil

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:14:03 -0500

Hi, Nancy. You asked about picking a good scanner. I have had several over the years. I used to be an HP loyalist. That changed about 3 years ago when they started using some weird software for their drivers. The prices of scanners have dropped sharply, and I'm excited about that. I got mine for $79. Do you all remember the days when a scanner cost $1,179 from HP or from Arkenstone? I'm currently using an USB Cannon CanoScan an love its quiet reliability. It scans books well, is very lightweight if you need to move it, and has a button to scan and print a page like a photo copier. It also has a button to scan a page and email it, and I like that feature a lot. The only thing I don't like is that it can't handle legal size paper, It's great for normal letter size and most books though. When I wear this one out, I'd be likely to buy another scanner from the same product line. Hope this helps a little. (smile)

On Sunday 3/26/2006 03:22 AM, you wrote:
What is the difference between the K1000 and the K3000? How much can you expect to pay for a personal copy? Also, what makes a good scanner?

Thanks,
Nancy