[bksvol-discuss] Re: About Kurzweil

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:49:33 -0500

I have very strong feelings on some issues. One of them happens to be copy protection. Unless it's absolutely necessary, I will buy no software which makes it any kind of pain to backup my drive(s). K1000's developers have been Very responsive to this type of concern and, even when using copy protection, made an effort not to impede system backups. That's only a small part of why I use and keep updating the software. The other parts have to do with a truly impressive effort at tech. support with not only 2 phoneable people, but also the availability of the developers on an active and closely read email list. Nobody beats them in my experience. The third reason is the staff's unparalleled responsiveness to the needs/wants of their users. I cannot think of any meaningful idea they have not incorporated into the product where possible. They're a remarkable bunch. That's why I'm a K1000 user and have not missed an update, and I came on very early in the development of this product. Btw, no one has paid me to make this endorsement. Hope this helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>