[bksvol-discuss] 2 books uploaded for approval

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:44:00 -0600

I just finished validating two books, both which I enjoyed.

The first, "Glass Mountain," by Cynthia Voigt, is the author's only foray out of young adult novels. It's a romantic comedy, told from the viewpoint of a predatory 30-something butler who is hunting for a rich sugar momma - or is he? It's one of my favorite books, and I am delighted to see it become part of the Bookshare collection.

The second, "Afraid to Ride," by C. W. Anderson, is story for older children. The tale follows the struggles of a young girl trying to recover her nerve after being seriously injured in a riding accident and an abused former champion thoroughbred hunter she rescues who no longer trusts anyone. I read this book when I was a horse-crazy kid, and I discovered in re-reading it that it's still a nice story even decades after it was published.

Thanks to Carrie and Shelley for the great scans!

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx