[AR] Raising Money For Portland State Aerospace Society

  • From: Nathan Bergey <nathan.bergey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:37:34 -0700

I've been trying to decide whether or not to post this here, but I
thought I would take a shot. Time is running out!

You may remember Portland State Aerospace Society from such rockets as
our roll stabilized flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnPtbYMA8o

Or our Open Source flight computer stack:

https://github.com/psas/Launch-11/tree/gh-pages/avionics

I have my doubts about crowdfunding rockets, but the University has
created a campaign for engineering student groups. We've always had
the narrowest of shoe-string budgets (like everyone) so we're very
excited to have already raised 50% of our $10,000 goal!

This is probably the most money the group has ever raised at once.
We're continuing to work on many diverse programs like home built GPS
specifically for rockets, ever smaller and smaller flight computers
that can handle real time experimental GNC algorithms, a robust ground
and data processing infrastructure and this year we started creating
extremely light honeycomb carbon fiber airframe parts for a new
rocket!!

If you'd like to help, even just a few dollars, the site is here:

http://www.foundation.pdx.edu/crowdfunding/psas

Only 12 days left!! We have stretch goals too. Please share if you
can't donate!  All of the money donated is tax-deductible and is to be
spent on hardware and launch costs.

Thanks!!

-Nathan
PSAS