[AR] Re: LOX-Methane Kabooms

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:16:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 May 2016, James Bowery wrote:

LNG tanks represent a terror threat while in port, so assuming they're doing their job *cough* I would imagine DHS would have some, probably classified, studies on the maximum yield attainable by a deliberately destroyed very large LNG tank...

Studies involving deliberate destruction might be hard to get copies of, but studies of worst-case LNG *accidents* go back long before the US's post-9-11 security panic, and should be findable. I'd be very surprised if John S. hadn't already thought of that...