Exchange 2000 - Send As permissions

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:48:32 +0100

Has anyone had problems with Send As permissions on Exchange 2000?

BACKGROUND
We have approx 30 shared mailboxes spread around 3 servers all running
Exchange 2000 and SP3. Many users have 'Full mailbox access' permission to
these shared mailboxes and we had no problems with this until a recent
migration of users from one server to another. Since moving the mailboxes to
the new server (using the usual Exchange/ADUC wizard) users of shared
mailboxes can no longer 'Send As' the shared mailbox user account, they can
only send as themselves. They still have the same permissions as on the old
server.

The only difference I can see is that the new server also has the Exchange
2000 post-SP3 installed, the others only have SP3. So Tuesday evening I
intend to uninstall the post-SP3 and see if that fixes it. I would be
interested to know if anyone else has had similar problems?

---<  Mark Dewell, University of East London, Dagenham, Essex, UK  >---
---<  Email        : M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx                            >---
---<  URL          : http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/1278
<http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/1278>                >---

< Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty (Anne Herbert) >