Exchange 2000 Migration

  • From: "David Liles" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:03:31 -0500

We are getting ready to migrate our current SBS / Exchange server to a new
box..... since it is SBS and the PDC, this there a relatively painless way to
move the user accounts instead of creating them manually and having all of the
users update their passwords?

Would this idea work?

1. Only install Win2K on the new server.
2. Migrate user email and shared data from the current SBS server to the new
box.
3. Remove the new box from the current network and finish the SBS installation.
4. Remove the existing SBS and replace it with the new one.

We were thinking since this is an active directory domain, the new server would
be updated with user accounts that way when we finish the SBS installation
their account passwords would already be on the new box.......

Or are we in left feild?....

Thanks