[voew-listserver] Open Positions in Climate Policy at PIK

  • From: Bernd Siebenhüner <bernd.siebenhuener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: voew-listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:58:28 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

after summer recess we would like to reannounce 5 PhD and 2 Post-Doc positions at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research. Could you please pass them on to potential candidates?
If you need any further information don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Dorothe Ilskens

The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) is seeking candidates for several new research positions - subject to final authorization of project funds. The successful applicants will be involved in highly policy-relevant research on climate change mitigation and become members of PIK's Research Domain 'Sustainable Solutions'. The Research Domain is chaired by Professor Ottmar Edenhofer, who currently also serves as co-chair of the IPCC's Working Group III on Climate Change Mitigation.

PIK is an internationally renowned research centre in the areas of climate change, climate policy and climate economics, and provides excellent support for developing a career in these areas.

*We offer two Post-Doc positions: *

1.) Stochastic Economy-Climate Modeller (ref. ek/01, 2 years)

2.) Macroeconomist (ref: ml/01, 2 years)

*We furthermore offer five doctoral positions:*

1.) PhD student: Domestic and International Policy Instruments (ref. cf/01, 2 years)

2.) PhD student: Empirical Data Analysis (ref. mj/01, 2 years)

3.) PhD student: Structural Change and Economic Growth (ref. ml/02, 3 years)

4.) PhD student: Policy Instruments Portfolios (ref. kl/01, 3 years)

5.) PhD student: Second-Best Policy Instruments (ref. rm/01, 3 years)

The desired starting date for all positions is as soon as possible. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis until positions are filled.**More detailed information on these positions and on how to apply can be found on our webpage:

http://www.pik-potsdam.de/research/sustainable-solutions

--
*Dorothe Ilskens*
/Scientific Coordinator/

*Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research*
Telegraphenberg A 31
P.O. Box 60 12 03
D-14412 Potsdam
www.pik-potsdam.de <http://www.pik-potsdam.de/>