Re: unable to add disks to asm diskgroup

  • From: Steve Harville <steve.harville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 05:37:12 -0500

> Out of curiosity, may I ask why you explicitly set asm_diskstring when you
> are using asmlib? It should have been sufficient to leave it to the empty
> string, or alternatively set to 'ORCL:*'.

I had this problem yesterday. Everything was working using ORCL:*.
Then after rebooting ASM couldn't open any of the devices. I changed
the diskstring to /dev/oracleasm/disks/* and ASM could open them fine.
This was the first reboot after the Grid 11.2 install.

Steve Harville

http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveharville