RE: tuning queries against sys views?

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Taylor, Chris David'" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx'" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:44:59 -0500

And one last thought on this:

Buried deep in note Slow Performance Exhibited by Oracle ODBC Against 10.2
Oracle Database [ID 373129.1] there is a section that describes the rule hint
in ALL_TAB_COLUMNS and says to manually resolve this problem by recreating this
view as SYS on the 10.2.0.2.0 database without the rule hint.

Seems to be bug 5304167, and if I can read the history on it, it seems to be
fixed in 11.1. I don't have an 11.1 or higher instance to test against - be
curious if anyone can verify this.

In the meanwhile, for anyone else that has slow queries against any of the
following views
ALL_TAB_COLUMNS
ALL_TAB_STATS_HISTORY
WM_COMPRESS_BATCH_SIZES