Re: mix ANSI and Oracle JOINs?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 22:30:11 -0600 (CST)

Jared wrote:

>> I have to say that I find ANSI join syntax considerably less clear in its
>> intent.
>>

> I felt that way at first, but I forced myself to start using it rather than
> the original Oracle syntax.
>
> There are several reasons for this, some I can recall at the moment:

ANSI syntax allows an outer join to a table that's been outer joined, which
Oracle's syntax does not.  The particular data layout that brought this info
to light made sense at the time, although I've forgotten why over the past 5
or so years.

Now back to wrapping presents and imbibing Cheer...

Merry Christmas!

Rich