RE: looking for doc with diagrams on redo and undo for java developers (new title: Reuse of bad routines is worse than spaghetti code)

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:05:29 +0000

the mistake is perfectly understandable. reusable components can really speed
up development time and ease maintenance. they just didn't know database
architecture. method 4 dynamic sql stored in the database is the best way to go
here... i think. these updates may run 250,000 times a day. i'll have to check
to see how well dbms_sql works under that level of usage.

wasn't a fight. i found it in a code review. everyone was perfectly reasonable.