RE: is IPC really faster than TCPIP?

  • From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:33:26 -0500

Barr, Stephen [Stephen.Barr@xxxxxxxxx]

Stephen,
        One of Cary's msgs said IPC and the other mentioned BEQueath.  If
you can use BEQ it's going to be a hair faster because you don't have to go
through the listener.  But, either way, if you're processing a row at a time
you'll be much faster with BEQ or IPC.
        Should be a no brainer.  Why put traffic on your network if you
don't have to?
        The other people on the network may appreciate it too.

        Larry