"invalid type" in v$access

  • From: "Sheehan, Jeremy" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:05:04 -0400

Has anyone come across the "invalid type" type when querying v$access?  If so,
do you have any idea what might be causing it?  I've searched google and
metalink and absolutely nothing.  Just more people asking about it.  Go figure.
I'm attempting to refresh a MV and have tried a number of different session
parameters, but doing some digging I keep on seeing "invalid type" in v$access
when it's querying a particular table.  I'm also seeing the wait event "read by
other session" on this table (ISO_BIDS) as well when refreshing the MV.

Oracle 10.2.0.4
AIX 6.1.4

This is from a query that joins v$access and v$session.

Session 217 is the MV refresh.  Session 251 is another process running that is
accessing the ISO_BIDS table.

OWNER        OBJECT_NAME          TYPE              SID    SERIAL# USERNAME
OSUSER       STATUS
------------ -------------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------------
------------ --------
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             INVALID TY        217      46581 USER1
USER1        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             TABLE             217      46581 USER1
USER1        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             INVALID TY        251       8712 USER2
USER2        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             TABLE             251       8712 USER2
USER2        ACTIVE

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy