Re: cursor: pin S wait on X

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx, Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>, sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:30:57 -0700 (PDT)

I have found that there lots of objects belongs to SYSTEM are invalid
  and they are MAterialized view. I also have application view which become
invalid at each refresh while it is not the case on QA server but only on the
Prod server. Is there any setting that are responsible that Materialized view
are not working. I am running a job every 5 minute that is atleast compiling
the Application MV but SYSTEM are still invalid. If I run utlrp , all become
VALID and after next refresh become INVALID

  As Jonathan pointed that Compilation/Invalidation can cause it and so is this
the case here

  TIA
  Sanjay

Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Thanks Jonathan,Deepak, charles

  I will also work on it with Support and currently will see if FALSE will work
with it

  Thanks
  Sanjay

Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We have 2 SRs currently open for this same issue, and
ever since we set the param to FALSE, we haven't seen
the issue repeat (so, yes it's mutex related). We saw
a case where 1 session blocks another, we have also
seen this happening with parallel process, where
parent and child get locked on each other.

5737552.993 - SESSION WAITING VERY LONG ON 'LATCH:
LIBRARY CACHE'
5703409.993 - SESSION HANGS DUE TO WAITS ASSOCIATED
WITH ENQ: PS - CONTENTION

HTH,
Deepak

http://mail.yahoo.com