Re: TKPROF question

  • From: "Kevin Tsay" <ktsay2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:48:40 -0800

It's http://www.juliandyke.com/

--Kevin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Muqthar Ahmed" <Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:44 PM
Subject: RE: TKPROF question

> Hi,
>
> Can you give me the URL for the website(Instructions how to dump blocks
are on Julian Dyke's site).

> Thanks
> Muqthar

that long on one block .... and this block is from one index. now how do I
find what type of block is this? branch? data?

> > Why would there be a cr wait of 3288.24 (seconds?/cent-seconds?) if so,
it doesn't match with the summary ...

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 Waited  ----------  ------------

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 Waited  ----------  ------------

****

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 ------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  -----
-----

 Waited  ----------  ------------

****

> > > Okay ... so this is 9204 db, and I am trying to correctly interpret
the MAX.WAIT column value for 'global cache cr request' ... I assume that
max wait means in all waits this was the max value for given wait event.
right? If so, Did I really have wait of 3288.24 (seconds, centi seconds,
milliseconds???)

> > > If so, I can't see that in the trace file, I checked all the 'ela='
values for wait event g_c_cr_r .... where the heck this value 3288.24 came
from? And how do I find it? Truse me, the trace file is > 5G.

> > > Raj

------
> > > Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
> > > All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.
> > > select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;
> > > QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

> The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any
other use, printing,copying,
> disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal
restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail
message in error, please