Solaris 10 x64, EMC Powerpath and ASM

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:53:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi list!

I have been scratching my head for a little while now.

Has anyone got ASM on Solaris 10 + EMC powerpath to work? I have changed
permissions and ownership on the devices in /dev/rdsk/emc* and changed the
discovery path for ASM to /dev/rdsk/emc*

Although ASM discovers disks, it doesn't discover the partitions I want it
to discover.

I get the emcpowerxp0 and for some devices it's emcpowerxp1 (where x is
the number of the device)

So I think I'd want to create a partition on the emcpowerx device spanning
the whole disk.

Any help appreciated,

Martin