RE: Should you still tune queries by LIOs?

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dantow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <dantow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:48:42 -0400

Well, here I have to disagree. You can set being well cached
as the ultimate goal. That used to be the case for years and years.
In the scientific literature, this methodology is known as "method C".
(I assume that "C" stands for "Cary". I would really like to know why
were methods named "C" and "R".) So, if your buffer cache hit ratio
is over 95% and your shared pool hit ratio is over 99%, everything is
peachy. User screams should be ignored or punished.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network