Re: Schema duplication on the same database.

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:17:32 +0300

What oracle version?

IIRC, in 11g you can use standby for read only while the apply is working in the background. So, you can create a stand by database and let the other 2 users make reports from there.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Dhimant Patel wrote:
Hi All,

I have Oracle Standard Edition installed and have two schema in use (call it prodA, prodB) in this database. I wanted to create two additional schema(s) (copyA and copyB) and want to maintain both in sync with original schema(s). I know streams can not be used since it is only Enterprise version feature. I currently use datapump for schema duplication but this is little bit different - since downtime is not acceptable (hence both should be in sync, almost!).

I thought of following:

1> Instead create new users and allow full access to prodA and prodB via synonyms and hope all is ok - since we now have four users and could later on face issues of objects and links all over the place.

Didn't like this idea.

2> Use replication for all objects and copy them over to copyA and copyB. It still wont allow copying of stored procedure code, which is large in our case.

3> Could proxy user can help? But I think they are for external users like in the case of application servers etc.

Any other ideas?
-Thanks,
DP.