Re: Rollback Segment Trans

  • From: "Fahd Mirza" <fahd-m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:57:34 +0500

Hi,

Thanks God, I have managed to shrink the roll back segment, though through
some peculiar way. Instead of giving it directly the value 4M, I just
shrinked it in steps, like
The current size was 500M.

alter rollback segment rbs25 shrink to 450M;
alter rollback segment rbs25 shrink to 400M;
alter rollback segment rbs25 shrink to 10M;
alter rollback segment rbs25 shrink to 4M;
4M is the optimal size of  rbs

I also executed the following statement just for check

alter rollback segment rbs25 shrink to 3M;

my concept was that Oracle won't allow me to shrink the rollback segment
below optimal,but it allowed me to do so. Isnt it also peculiar?

Please shed some light on these two things.

regards,
Fahd