Re: PL/SQL pretty-print

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:39:28 -0400

Hi,

I use Formatter Plus (FP) from Quest most of the time. It comes
built-in (via menu) with versions of SQL-Navigator and Toad. I've
tried Slick-Edit but its not as good formatting. I wonder if the
latest JDeveloper formats pl/sql?

The FP stand-alone version has some extra capabilities to check out. I
think you get the stand-alone along with Nav and Toad. You have to be
willing to create a FP project using the IDE, and it will format
multiple files at once. Plus, projects have code review.

The unique feature I like is the 'code-review'. Its fun to do a
code-review on someone else's code. ;-)  And, there are other options,
like metrics on DML, etc.

There are some minor quirks, but FP does a good job on most stuff. It
takes a while but Quest eventually fixes bugs. I've experienced bugs
formatting a few analytical queries, some complex db-link syntax (two
@'s) and others.

HTH

Regards,

Mike Thomas