RE: Oracle NoSQL Documentation

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:03:33 -0400

dang Ada, i wrote quite a few lines of code in that language for govt.

joe

From:
"Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>,
"oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
10/19/2011 04:02 PM
RE: Oracle NoSQL Documentation
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert,

                 One should also consider the volatility of the
marketplace.  I've seen technologies come and go because they were not
widely adopted.  Give Oracle a limited distribution of NoSQL and they'll
drop it in a year or two as well.  Wasn't that long ago (ok 20+ years)
that Ada was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.  Oracle even
created an Ada pre-compiler.  Haven't seen that in a while and don't even
try to find a job listing where Ada experience is needed.  Similar, but
reversed, for Cobol.   So if you don't mind I'll take a "wait and see"
attitude about NoSql.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader