RE: Optimizer_Mode

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:23:46 -0800

Write some tests in PL/SQL, changing the optimizer_mode as you go,
all while a 10046 trace is running.

The trace file will show which optimizer mode is used.

Jared

<Satheesh.Babu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 03/09/2004 08:48 PM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Optimizer_Mode

Jared,
                 Ours is a hybrid application. We wanted to use First_Rows
during
oltp operation and all_rows during batch operations. I read somewhere
about this undocumented parameters, where with in pl/sql programs
optimizer_mode will be always All_rows. I just wanted to comfirm this,
also if this is true we may not have to write logon trigger or someother
mechanism to force All_rows. I am talking about 8i as well as 9i db.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Babu.S
Bangalore

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or
deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message
which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required please request a hard-copy version.