Re: OUI 10.1.0.2 hanging on Win2k

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:13:33 -0700

When starting setup.exe from 9.2.0.5, the CMD window opens and the usual
routine appears.  The window disappears, but OUI never starts.
----

Well, a workaround has been found.

Support suggested turning off the Terminal Services service, as they had
seen problems
installing 9.2.0.5 when it was running.

Turning it off did not only not fix the problem, it made it worse.  If
terminal services is *not*
running, I could not kill the javaw.exe process.  An 'invalid handle'
error was encountered.

Start terminal services back up, and the javaw.exe process could be
killed.

I've duplicated this problem on 3 servers.

Hmm....  It seems there is a connection between OUI 10.1.0.2 and Terminal
Services.

So, I started up a terminal services connection, connected to a domain
account, and
all worked flawlessly.

Works from terminal services, does not work on the console.

After installing OUI 10.1.0.2 in the 9.2 Oracle Home, the same thing holds
true.

It will start in a terminal services session, it will not start on the
console.

Nice, eh?

Jared