Re: Move table partition in parallel

  • From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:56:00 +0800

On 4/29/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi listers,

Is there any way to really parallelize partition move operation?

Table is heap-organized and contains few BLOB columns if it maters.
There is a local index partition of which, of course, gets invalidated
after move.

TIA!

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

Purely hypothesizing here [subtext: I'm too lazy to start my db on the
weekend...], but perhaps parallel move of a partition is limited to the the
subpartition level, ie, if you've got subpartitions that you they'll get a
slave each ?

Cheers
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"