RE: Gathering statistics for a specific schema

  • From: "Raghunath, Shivaswamy K." <SKRaghunath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:16:54 -0400

Hi.

You know that there are many options. Here is one general method you can use to
collect stats for Isabel's schema.

Sample size is set to AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE. You can set it to percentage of your
choice, if you wish.

No histograms are created here. METHOD_OPT is set to 1.

The collection is not done in parallel.

EXEC SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS(OWNNAME => 'ISABEL', ESTIMATE_PERCENT
=>DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, DEGREE => 1, METHOD_OPT=>'FOR ALL INDEXED
COLUMNS SIZE 1');

HTH,

Shiva