Re: AUDIT question

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell2@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:38:41 -0500

Thanks for all your responses.  It is a requirement placed upon us by the
security organization to audit all activities of users having the DBA role.  I
know this will cause additional overhead, but it is limited to a handful of
users.  I have been reading several documents and think I found the proper way
to configure auditing for this scenario.

AUDIT ALL BY <dbauser1, dbauser2, etc> BY ACCESS;

Then I have to add....

AUDIT INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, ALTER TABLE, EXECUTE PROCEDURE, etc. BY
<dbauser1, dbauser2, etc> BY ACCESS;

Then when anyone grants DBA to a new user they will need to set up auditing for
that particular user, just another step when creating privileged users.

The oracle documents I was reading did not do a great job of illustrating how
to audit actions of a single user, but some other websites supplied the
necessary information.  I also found out AUDIT ALL does not audit "all" :-)

Thanks again,
Bill