Re: 9i poll on spfile feature

  • From: "Nuno Souto" <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:56:33 +1000

Only because Oracle in their (lack of) wisdom
have stopped you from doing so.
There is no technical reason whatsoever why
a text file can't be used for this as
opposed to a binary file.  It's Oracle's
way of "forcing" people to use a feature that
was not asked for in the first place.
Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx