Re: 10g on Win32

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:52:54 -0700

Let's see if this makes it past the quoting police.

Except at the very beginning, I don't use OHS, so I didn't (and don't) miss anything after the install of 10g. I wrote a command script modelled after oraenv (and therefore called oraenv) that sets the path correctly. The base path variable does not contain any Oracle directories and oraenv prepends the oracle_home\bin and the jre\bin to the existing path. Haven't had any trouble with that scheme and it works like a charm with 10g as well.
The only trouble I have currently is that 10g seems to ignore TNS_ADMIN. The listener insists in using the listener.ora parameter file from OH\network\admin.

At 11:04 AM 3/25/2004, you wrote:

Did you perhaps find that there is no new version of the Oracle Home Selector?

And that even if you hack the registry so that the old OHS can find the new
Oracle 10g registry entries, it still does not set the PATH correctly?

Jared

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA
Centrex Consulting Corporation