[optacon-l] peggy covey

  • From: "pacovey" <misscat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:20:01 -0400

Fun with the Optacon. My new job at the Public Library of Cincinnati and
Hamilton County is in the Circulation Services department. I have been helping
the department next to me put returned DVD's in hard plastic cases to be
shelved. I got the idea of using my Optacon to sort them in to 4-day and 7-day
movies. This refers to how long patrons can keep them. My boss, Paul, thought
of playing a joke on the department by telling them that I am the "DVD
Whisperer". The DVD's are telling me which they are. They couldn't figure it
out. As people walked past my desk and saw me using the Optacon, they would
say, "What is that?" "What are you doing?" Then I showed them the Optacon